View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:41 am

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Peter at the Amnesty International concerts 

Post Peter at the Amnesty International concerts
Does anyone know which of the Amnesty International shows were released on CD or DVD?

The Wikipedia article lists a tour in 1986, a tour in 1988, a single show in 1990, and a single show in 1998. Peter was in all of them, and was apparently the only artist who was in every single one of these shows.

I saw them in Los Angeles in 1988, and the closing number, "Chimes of Freedom", was especially awesome. As you can see from the YouTube video, Springsteen remembers all the lyrics, and Peter only reads from the cheat-cheat on the ground occasionally, but Sting appears to be reading them all the time. (In his defense, these lyrics are quite difficult. Still, perhaps there is someone worse at remembering lyrics than Peter!)

I recall a version of "Chimes of Freedom" that was big on the radio around that time, promoting the show, but I think it might have been Springsteen alone in the single. Amazon shows a DVD of the 1998 show, but no other releases that I have found.

Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:39 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]