View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:38 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 The Musical Box 'Trick of the Tail' Europe tour 2009 

Post The Musical Box 'Trick of the Tail' Europe tour 2009
The Musical Box from Canada are back in Europe this November/Dec with their faithful recreation of the 1976 tour with original slides and lasers. Saw the show in Croydon 2008 and it was great, should be even tighter one year on! Tickets are selling a bit slow for the Croydon show on Nov 12th, so tell you friends and try and go. Tickets:

http://www.wiventertainment.com/compone ... 3-tmb.html

Cheers.

Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:20 pm

Post Re: The Musical Box 'Trick of the Tail' Europe tour 2009
ozdave wrote:
The Musical Box from Canada are back in Europe this November/Dec with their faithful recreation of the 1976 tour with original slides and lasers. Saw the show in Croydon 2008 and it was great, should be even tighter one year on! Tickets are selling a bit slow for the Croydon show on Nov 12th, so tell you friends and try and go. Tickets:

http://www.wiventertainment.com/compone ... 3-tmb.html

Cheers.

I've got mine...So i shall be going again this year......Cant wait :cool1:

Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:53 pm

I've seen TMB quite a few times in the UK and loved it every time but @ £41 a ticket I think I'll skip this time :?

Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:48 am

SamLouise wrote:
I've seen TMB quite a few times in the UK and loved it every time but @ £41 a ticket I think I'll skip this time :?

Yes I agree the price seems high, but it is no more than any gig at a big London venue (and much less than Genesis at Twickenham). It is a big financial burden for these guys to come and tour Europe in a recession, and with exchange rates as they are, hence the prices. They are not doing it for profit but for the sheer love of the music! Personally I would sooner see TMB than Genesis playing the same old pop hits and crap medley set, but hey that's just me!

Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:47 pm

I saw them a couple of years ago in Denmark doing the SEBTP show and it was amazing - and also very expensive back then, had to dish out something like £60 for a ticket, but it was well worth it, the concert was indeed better than what the real guys pulled off later that same year. That being said, I'm not that keen on their take on the Phil era stuff, so I'm not going to pay for a trip to Germany or UK to see them this time around.

Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:40 pm

OzDave, I appreciate what you are saying, I really do. I am a fan of TMB so you are preaching to converted but at the end of the day, the recession swings both ways and I don't really want to pay £41 a ticket to be honest. I could, but I don't want to. I've seen Aussie Pink Floyd quite a few times in the last 2-3 years and never paid a high price for them - even when they've done Wembley, The Albert Hall - and Croydon! Not looking at it as a competition or tit for tat but my point is, I still feel it's quite steep for a tribute band. I saw TMB at Croydon last year (I think) and didn't pay that amount, it's quite a jump in a short space of time :) Also, looking at the seating for Croydon, only the mid-section is gone, the rest are pretty much untouched. The unsold tickets make me wonder if I'm not alone in my thinking?

Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:48 pm

I seem to remember paying about £35 in October 2008 for the last tour. I think the problem with ticket sales this time is a lack of promotion and not making tickets available for purchase early enough. I had to put info on this forum and the main Genesis forum, rather than someone from the band doing it!! I got Simon to put the dates on the front page of this site as he was unaware TMB were touring again! I think the band have been a bit complacent basically. Still, can't wait until Thursday as I will be in the front row and the show should be awesome, even if it is only 2/3 full.

Sat Nov 07, 2009 3:34 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]