View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:58 am

Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 14-Jul-2007 Circo Massimo, Rome 
Site Admin

Post 14-Jul-2007 Circo Massimo, Rome
Post reviews / set lists / photos here.

Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:39 am
Profile WWW

Post Hi Folks
Hi Folks,

I am in Rome for the gig anybody know what time it starts?

thanks in advance,

Michael.

Sun Jul 08, 2007 5:51 pm

Post Re: Hi Folks
FCUNITED wrote:
Hi Folks,

I am in Rome for the gig anybody know what time it starts?

thanks in advance,

Michael.

9.30 pm local time last concert of the european tour and first concert totally in the dark, for dvd reasons probably...see you there!
Cheers, TheKnife :D

Sun Jul 08, 2007 10:23 pm

Post Template Review of the Rome gig- for music 'journalists'
For any music journalists out there who are planning on writing a review of the Genesis Rome concert but are annoyed it may cramp your drinking at the gig, feel free to use any or all of my Genesis review template to save time:-

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

After getting to the gig late, because no-one in Rome seemed to know where the stupid show was when I asked them, or if they could lend me 20 euro for a drink I finally made my way to my seat in what can only be described as an old warehouse. The place was an absolute ruin. I joked to the guy next to me, between swigs of vodka, that this place was so old the Romans probably used it last. Mirthless, these Genesis fans.

Collins looked about 20 years older than when I saw him in concert in 1987, Banks spent pretty much the whole concert sitting down tapping his fingers on some sort of box and Rutherford didn't bother to swing his arm around or smash his guitar at any point in the proceedings.

At some point they played the overblown keyboard heavy prog-rock anthem "I can't dance", which reminded me why punk was formed. I like punk. Why, oh why did punk happen before I was born.

After 2 hours, they still hadn't played any of their big hits that even I knew- like 'In the air tonight', 'Roundabout' or 'Sledgehammer'.

I was told by someone next to me that they hadn't played anything newer than 1992- like, did we all look like hippies or whatever went on back then?

I put on my iPod and listened to 'the Stranglers' for the rest of the concert, I shouldn't have to put up with this.

I didn't want to go to this concert (my so-called friend Brian got to go to see a Ramones cover-band), and I don't like them or their music but that has nothing to do with my 1/10 score for the concert.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

There- drink to your hearts content...

Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:58 am

Post from telecomcerto disc operator
According to the "disc operator" of the free number provided by the Telecomcerto organization, available from today on, the Rome concert will start at 9 p.m. (and not at 9.30 p.m. as previously stated).
The accesses to the venue will be restricted to Via dei Cerchi (a part of it), Via del Circo Massimo and Via di S.Gregorio (Palatino side). The "disc operator" speaks italian only.
For people with health problems or handicap only, you can call the Municipality of Rome phone number 060606 to arrange the access to the destined area. Cheers, TheKnife

Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:50 pm

Post Alright...here's the correct info :)

Telecom Progetto Italia offers the city of Rome the Genesis concert. The appointment is for Saturday 14 July, at 14:00 at Circo Massimo.

After Paul Mc Cartney, Simon & Garfunkel, Elton John, Billy Joel and Bryan Adams Telecom Progetto Italia's initiative continues. Phil Collins, Tony Banks and Mike Rutherford, the lions of the pop/rock world, after more of a decade of silence, reunite for a tour that touches 21 European cities and that Rome, at Circo Massimo, celebrates the one and only Italian date. The public will be able to follow from home the magical atmosphere at the Circo Massimo and the wait of the more than 600 thousand people expected online at http://www.telecomprogettoitalia.it: from 14:00 and until the beginning of the concert the public will be able to live from home, thanks to internet, an unrepeatable event.

The online special Telecomcerto 2007 Genesis will propose services LIVE from Circo Massimo, interviews with the band, backstage videos, interviews with the public, unpublished material and numerous clips, hundreds of photographs documenting every minute of an historical day for music and its fans.

We'll see you all on http://www.telecomprogettoitalia.it!

PS: I'll be there, working...backstage (!)..but I'll be there:)))

...wow...I hope I'll get to meet Phil...

Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:46 pm

Post Re: from telecomcerto disc operator
the most useful info seen so far re: rome concert. huge thanks, see you there.... s
theknife wrote:
According to the "disc operator" of the free number provided by the Telecomcerto organization, available from today on, the Rome concert will start at 9 p.m. (and not at 9.30 p.m. as previously stated).
The accesses to the venue will be restricted to Via dei Cerchi (a part of it), Via del Circo Massimo and Via di S.Gregorio (Palatino side). The "disc operator" speaks italian only.
For people with health problems or handicap only, you can call the Municipality of Rome phone number 060606 to arrange the access to the destined area. Cheers, TheKnife

Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:31 pm

And the day is here! Have fun, you lucky people who get to attend!

Sat Jul 14, 2007 4:48 pm

Im watching it at the internet now, it starts in an hour, Im just soooooooooooooo happyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Sat Jul 14, 2007 7:30 pm

Click the link below and watch the concert live, starting soon! If you are a member of the Genesis forum, join the chatroom now

http://telecomcerto.webcasting.it/diretta.html

After all, you're not what you thought you were at all
You're just a natural fact, another Cul-De-Sac
On nature's hard unfeeling trail"

http://www.prestonandsteverock.com
http://www.tonylayneshow.com

Sat Jul 14, 2007 7:52 pm
Profile YIM WWW

Sat Jul 14, 2007 8:23 pm

Sat Jul 14, 2007 8:48 pm

This is very very disappointing. Only some sound in the beginning but after No Son of Mine no sound anymore :cry:

I looked so forward to this, there isnt even a view of the stage :evil:

Sat Jul 14, 2007 9:13 pm

This whole thing sucks... no pic no sound... :x

Sat Jul 14, 2007 10:20 pm

After all, you're not what you thought you were at all
You're just a natural fact, another Cul-De-Sac
On nature's hard unfeeling trail"

http://www.prestonandsteverock.com
http://www.tonylayneshow.com

Sun Jul 15, 2007 5:15 am
Profile YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 49 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next