View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:19 am

Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 07-Jul-2007 Old Trafford Football Stadium, Manchester 
Site Admin

Post 07-Jul-2007 Old Trafford Football Stadium, Manchester
Post reviews / set lists / photos here.

Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:40 am
Profile WWW

Well, what a day! I must admit i saw the opening to Live Earth and thought a bit flat and wondered if the old magic had gone. Our seats were the worst in the stadium with a view of the back of the stage so we complained and with many others got reseated with a great view. They had already started by the time we got sat down and i need not have worried from start to finish it was great. We danced we sang the whole gig seemed to pass in the blink of an eye. Can't wait for Rome

Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:35 am

Post Set was best blend to keep all happy - NO SPOLIERS!
Just woke up after Manchester gig....

I had am amazing view - 12th row from the front directly in the centre of the stage, and best of all had managed to avoid any setlisting on this site, so everything was a total suprise.

The sound quality was just superb and the set backdrop fantastic. Overall I feel that it was the best possible set to keep 'everyone happy'. Admitedly we could have had more 'pre duke' than 'post duke' but that's the way it goes...

The band seemed less at ease with some of the old stuff, as it's probably harder to play, and the (erm) 'newer' songs are much simpler musically to belt out.

A great night. The entire crowd loving it.

Glad I've got Rome to come.
:D

Sun Jul 08, 2007 10:25 am

A fantastic concert and I genuinely didn't think they could sound anywhere near as great as they did. The bass was booming so loud I could feel the hairs on my legs vibrating :D
I just wished I would have got tickets for Twickers.

A concert that will live long in my memory - thanks Genesis!!!!

Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:32 am

It was brilliant - the staff and police were great with my husband who was having a bit of trouble on his crutches!
Stewards redeemed themselves as before the concert they banned me from throwing a red rose to the group : Health and Safety gone a little too far me thinks!

Apologies to anyone in A6 block who was held up with 'people traffic'. (and also my constant singing, dancing and yelling cos we were in the Man Utd ground : I do think I was the only one in our block who cheered when PC commented) :oops:

Finally, the concert was great - tears were shed at the thought it MAY be the last and 15th time of seeing the great men.... I thought there was something for everyone. The pyrotechnics were awesome.

Sun Jul 08, 2007 2:26 pm

ditto to all that has been said.
It was brilliant - the staff and police were great with my husband who was having a bit of trouble on his crutches!
Stewards redeemed themselves as before the concert they banned me from throwing a red rose to the group : Health and Safety gone a little too far me thinks!

Apologies to anyone in A6 block who was held up with 'people traffic'. (and also my constant singing, dancing and yelling cos we were in the Man Utd ground : I do think I was the only one in our block who cheered when PC commented) :oops:

Finally, the concert was great - tears were shed at the thought it MAY be the last and 15th time of seeing the great men.... I thought there was something for everyone. The pyrotechnics were awesome.

I saw you!!!!

I wondered if it was an annivesary or something because you were carrying a rose and said as much to my wife.

Fantastic concert. The highlights for me were 'I know what I like' and 'Los Endos' - though it was all pretty good. Anyone having a go at Daryl after the close-ups of his solos can go and die in my opinion! Superb. Ripples good, Follow You, Follow me really well received.

The band looked as though they were having a fantastic time. Phil's energy levels were still high, even after all those years.

The staging was excellent and the fireworks at the end were great.

I also got away from the ground really easily and was back in Bolton within 40 minutes of leaving the ground. Had a curry, which was nice!

Sun Jul 08, 2007 3:42 pm

Agree with all that has been said. It truly was a night i will never forget. From start to finish the whole show was fantastic. I could not pick a highlight as there were so many. The atmosphere was brilliant too and the crowd were well up for it. Thankyou Genesis for confirming what i always knew. You still are the best live band around.

Sun Jul 08, 2007 3:49 pm

[quote="Geruish" I wondered if it was an annivesary or something because you were carrying a rose and said as much to my wife.

No, 10th anniversary in September - although the first date we had was at a Genesis concert at the Apollo, Manchester, Many too Many moons ago. My hubby is used to be totally ignored whenever we see PC in concert, either solo or in Genesis, so he laughed when I turned up with the roses after going to M&S in the morning....

Highlights, apart from EVERYTHING : especially were ... Afterglow, Ripples and Carpet Crawlers... and my favourite track of all time, and if you saw me, you will know !!!! Home by the Sea...although I wasnt disappointed at all with anything played.

The usual Domino audience participation was spot on.

I live in Bolton too, but the police had allowed me to drive onto the concourse to pick my husband up because he was having problems walking and had fallen quite heavily. I dropped my sister and her friend off in Atherton and was back home quite early considering, just after midnight.

Totally top night...

Sun Jul 08, 2007 5:31 pm

Gig was fantastic but I had a lump in my throat singing carpet crawlers as I realised that I was probably seeing my favourite band live for the last time. :(

Boo Hoo.

Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:06 pm

Post Re: 07-Jul-2007 Old Trafford Football Stadium, Manchester
spfunnell wrote:
Post reviews / set lists / photos here.

for a few manchester photos go to http://www.genesis-fanclub.de/photogall ... p?album=91

Sun Jul 08, 2007 10:37 pm

:cry: Dont say it might be the last time, cos it was my first!

But I had an immense time; a truly fantastic show, and my main comment is that PC's voice was as in as good a shape as Ive heard it since before his hearing problems; Ive always thought that since then he's had trouble, either by coincidence, or maybe due to having to get used to hearing again, particularly with his top end; which simply wasnt the case before hand.
But last night he was almost back to 1992 form; I know a couple of things are being played in slightly lower keys, but on the whole most tracks sounded the same to me, and he went for every top note, and held them, unlike on his final farewell DVD where - on Sussudio in particular - he was singing things lower, and holding notes far less that in the past.
I guess that having to sing the old stuff night after night has rejuevenated those vocal chords a bit, and they sound great!

I'll definately be buying the CD of the show (if only to go to my girlfriend - "Im in there somewhere" during the audience participation of Domino), and I got some great photos and vids on my camera - our seats were great - A3. row 9, towards the middle of the stage.

So yeah - lots of fun, well worth the money, and I hope not the last time I have the chance! :D

Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:53 pm

Did anyone see a pregnant woman wearing a t-shirt with 'Genesis Youngest Fan' & a scan photo on it? Well that was the missus. I Had a Wardrobe t-shirt on
We had terrible seats aswell, just got re-seated halfway through Behind The Lines after waiting the best part of 2 hours for the stewards to sort it out!
After that tho, well fantastic is the only word i can think of, goosebumps all the way through & i was upset when it all finished. Ripples was immense & Domino, my fave. Well i cant think of a poor song tbh.
Cant wait for my Cd & the dvd to be released, any idea when it comes out

Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:21 am

Did anyone see a pregnant woman wearing a t-shirt with 'Genesis Youngest Fan' & a scan photo on it? Well that was the missus. I Had a Wardrobe t-shirt on
We had terrible seats aswell, just got re-seated halfway through Behind The Lines after waiting the best part of 2 hours for the stewards to sort it out!
After that tho, well fantastic is the only word i can think of, goosebumps all the way through & i was upset when it all finished. Ripples was immense & Domino, my fave. Well i cant think of a poor song tbh.
Cant wait for my Cd & the dvd to be released, any idea when it comes out

IMO after the Us tour, Xmas time seems likely and appropriate...But let's wait for official news....

Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:42 am

I agree with everyone else.A great night.A well balanced setlist that would please all old and new fans.Still proving to be the best live band
around.

Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:10 pm

Post Where's Kev? The Number 1 Fan - Manchester Block A4.
[size=9]Hi all, Had fab time - my first Genesis concert after what I believed was enduring 21 years of hubbys music in car/home etc. Found myself loving it and unknowingly knowing all the words. Manchester was great, everybody rocking - had just been to Wembley and felt Wembley lacks atmosphere though this reminded me of what a big stadium should be like. Hope everybody else had a great time and was lovely to be amongst such a polite and pleasant crowd - unlike most modern day gigs which involve getting splattered with alcohol, usually if you buy merchandise and put it on floor a sea of lager will float it away and have on many occassions endured slow numbers with twits in front chatting loudly away.

Big thanks to Kev and family sitting next to me. We probs looked like a row of lunatics with Kev and family playing imaginary instruments, me dancing like a lunatic and my hubby also playing imaginary instruments and if they needed it conducting Genesis! We were in block A14.

Typical now into them with the perhaps and maybe's and never again of future concerts.

Take care.

Pamella
[/size]

Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:50 pm
Reply to topic   [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next