View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:14 am

Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 07-Jul-2007 Old Trafford Football Stadium, Manchester 

Post I know what I like
Not so keen on the studio version - but this song is just made to sing live - FANTASTIC - havnt stopped playing Seconds Out since Saturday.... roll on Rome.

mcz wrote:
Just joined the forum to comment on a wonderful evening's performance at Old Trafford.
For me the highlight was 'I know what I like...'. I've never really been a fan of this track but the way it was performed and the video montage in the background made it (for me) the defining moment of the concert. Almost brought a tear to my eye!
Thanks to the band for a brilliant performance, the best sound I've ever heard and the most precise live performance I've ever experienced at a concert. All my younger years of listening to the live lps and watching the concerts on video(!) I never thought they'd be really as good as that, they weren't, they were so much better.
My wife summed them up superbly (and she's not a fan at all) "they were excellent."

Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:40 pm

I hope I'm not breaking any rules but I just found this. Will do as a nice reminder until the official DVd comes out

http://www.torrentspy.com/torrent/14864 ... erning_2_7

Video is a bit wobbley but the sound is quite good

Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:23 am

Post A *beep* end.......
Well I've been lucky enough to see Genesis a few times over the years '91, 92, '98 and now 2007 - if this is going to be the last tour that they do and reading between the lines it looks very much like that it will be, its a *beep* way for the band to call it a day - no big fanfare, they have just given us all a great show.

To be honest I think that they sound great these days, maybe even better than 15 years ago - whether its the fact they are doing less shows and can really concentrate on they ones they are doing who knows.

Ok so the set list never changed for any of the european shows but really I don't care - they sounded very tight and together like they have never been away from Genesis - considering the fact that the vast majority of the (hit) songs have not been played since 91-92 by all of them together - and even Tony and Mike's last outing was in '98, was nice to see more time given to the older songs - feels like they have chosen the (older songs) that they are most comfortably with. The stage was amazing in many ways - have to admit the first time I saw it in the light I thought "what is it meant to be" but its grown on me and the light show is the best I have ever seen - will take a lot to improve on this by any band.

Well now its over and I've had time to reflect - I'm glad I got a ticket to Old Trafford (like I was not going too). If this really is the end of Genesis as a band then the gigs have been a *beep* end to a special band, all us fans will always have the music so I guess Genesis will never end.

There is always hope I guess that they will Turn It On Again one more time but maybe its best to go out on a high and leave us all with happy thoughts about them.

All the best to Phil, Mike, Tony, Daryl and Chester.

OK one final thing........who wants a Lamb Tour ???????

YES

Cheers
Andrew

Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:39 pm
Reply to topic   [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3