View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:23 am

Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 27-Jun-2007 LTU Arena, Dusseldorf 
Site Admin

Post 27-Jun-2007 LTU Arena, Dusseldorf
Post reviews / set lists / photos here.

Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:43 am
Profile WWW

Do we know if the roof will be closed for this date, would be good to see a performance that was not in daylight!

Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:43 am

I`ts going to be a little weird watching this one in the cinema. Do we applaude, sing along, etc, Will we get a shout out from Phil , "say hello to everyone watching in cinemaland !"
I still intend to enjoy it all the same.
Anyone here going to the one in Edinburgh?

Jim

Sun Jun 24, 2007 10:14 am
Site Admin

Yes, I believe the roof will be closed for these shows.

Cheers
Simon

Sun Jun 24, 2007 6:49 pm
Profile WWW

Post Cinema show
Hi,

Does anybody know what time Genesis will be on stage

Im not sure if i can get to the Cambridge cinema in time for the 18.20 start from work.

Is there a support act - this would buy me some time - im probably not going to be there until around 19.15.

darren

Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:31 pm
Profile WWW

I'm guessing that they will be on stage between 1900-1930 with no support. This would allow around 30-45 mins for the pre-show.

Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:54 pm

I just called Vue and they said the live performance starts at 18:20 with no trailers - they advised to get there for 18:00!!

I might have to wait for the DVD!!

Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:08 pm
Profile WWW

Just been looking at the LTU arena website. Genesis on stage 2015 german time with no support. Roof will be closed.

Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:25 pm

and 2015 is deffinately 1915 here (uk) isn't it?

I can get there by 1900 im sure

Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:46 pm
Profile WWW

I`m just back from seeing this at the cinema in Edinburgh. Same set list as expected but what a show. Both visually and in sound quality. Perfect performance as far as I`m concerned. I actually had tears in my eyes during the in the cage medley . Powerful drumming from both Phil and Chester. Drum duet and Los endos superb.
The cinema experience was a bit surreal to begin with but I think you get the best of both worlds, close up stage shots of the performers and long shots of the stage and lighting, screens, etc.
All in all a fantastic experience.

Regards all

Jim

Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:51 pm

I agree. The stool duet was excellent and Afterglow was sublime.

Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:48 am

We saw this at the Cheshire Oaks VUE, Ellesmere Port last night and what an amazing experience. We were a bit unsure when watching the interview whether it would work (with mention of car crashes and all) but our fears were immediately quashed when the show started.

Yes, it was sureal but we wasted no time in getting into the spirit of the show and were the first to start applauding after the first song, something we kept up and were gradually joined by others who had started to lose their inhibitions about halfway through the show. Sadly, some people refused to loosen up and some even tutted (yes, you, with the notebook and the little torch who wrote comments in your little notebook after every song, I'm talking to you).

The performance from the band was outstanding, the mix of old and new songs worked perfectly; I've never seen a Genesis gig so well balanced, it was a true celebration of their history and ending with Carpet Crawlers was an inspired idea.

Phil's voice was in great shape. I'm glad they lowered the key of the songs otherwise there's no way he'd have coped, and where would be the fun in hearing his voice strained beyond breaking point? Daryl and Chester were spot on, Tony smiled (!) and Mike, well he didn't look too comfortable at all I'm afraid to say and only seemed to start enjoyig himself during the last two or three songs; his playing seemed a bit hit and miss and I wasn't too keen on the changes he made to the Second Home By The Sea solo.

Highlights? Too many to mention but Ripples was beautiful, as was Follow You Follow Me (the visuals on the screens brought the tears on), Domino was fantastic, best I've ever heard (and yes, Phil, we did cheer during the audience participation!), as was the drum duet. If any of you were at the VUE in Ellesmere Port last night, the roar you heard when they played Los Endos was my husband's! I thought it was beautiful when they ended and stook their bows in the traditonal five man line up and then Chester and Daryl stood to one side and, along with the rest of us, applauded the Tony, Mike and Phil.

Gotta say I'm even more amped about the Old Trafford gig now and was heartened to see no empty seats last night - and not everyone there was an old fart! Shame on the people who wouldn't applaud, though, I bet they regretted being so boring on the way home. Not so the Dusseldorf crowd, though, who really got into it, especially that girl in the black vest at the front!

Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:33 am

well, I managaged to get to Cambridge in time - what a fantastic show!!!!

a bit sureal, but very enjoyable - great choice of songs (although 'I Cant Dance' still makes me cringe).

Follow you follow me was great - I always thought the way that they've played it in the past was a bit strange and a bit far from the original - but with Phil doing the original drum part - it was much more faithfull to the original.

might have to buy tickets on Ebay now!!!

Darren

Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:04 am
Profile WWW
I had no problems with I Can't Dance. When I saw the set list I did wonder whether I really wanted to hear it but, just as with the '92 tour, it worked perfectly in the context of the concert. It's a fun song, plain and simple, and it juxtaposes nicely with the seriousness of Carpet Crawlers.

I love Phil's moment at the end of the song where he sounds as though he's talking in tongues, that really made me chuckle.

I'm glad it's in the set; it was a hit for them, everyone knows the song, and it's a bit of light-hearted fun with a killer guitar riff. Can't go wrong, really.

Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:32 am

I had no problems with I Can't Dance. When I saw the set list I did wonder whether I really wanted to hear it but, just as with the '92 tour, it worked perfectly in the context of the concert. It's a fun song, plain and simple, and it juxtaposes nicely with the seriousness of Carpet Crawlers.

I love Phil's moment at the end of the song where he sounds as though he's talking in tongues, that really made me chuckle.

I'm glad it's in the set; it was a hit for them, everyone knows the song, and it's a bit of light-hearted fun with a killer guitar riff. Can't go wrong, really.

Totally agree and I loved Phil`s "vocalisations " ,almost screaming, nearing the end of the drum duet before launching into Los Endos. How intense was that !
I hope when the dvd of whichever venue is released that it is a full multi angle choice like the way we walk dvd.
Yes , we also joined in at Edinburgh , a little restrained at first but once I saw the guy a few seats to my left air drumming, well, how can you not join in.

Just loved the whole experience and listening to a few downloads now to keep my memory fresh.

Jim

Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:53 am
Reply to topic   [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next