View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:46 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 03-Oct-2007 United Center, Chicago IL 
Site Admin

Post 03-Oct-2007 United Center, Chicago IL
Post reviews / set lists / photos here.

Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:59 am
Profile WWW

Who all is going to Chicago this night?

Sat Sep 22, 2007 3:33 am

Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:02 pm

The sound was not all that great but the band performed well. I still think they have trouble going into and out of Duke's Travels during the In the Cage medley..perhaps that just doesnt really fit there.

Daryl seemed a little ahead of everyone else on the Firth of Fifth guitar solo extravaganza.

My friend and I both thought Phil Collins was kind of going thru the motions as far as the interaction with the crowd, like he didnt even care all that much. Drumming wise I thought he was fantastic; the drum duet was really impressive with Chester.

In hindsight, I wish I didnt know so much about the show...before I even saw the show. Wouldve been better in a way had I not known the setlist, but that's the internet for ya. After all the complaining, grumbling, and preconceived notions, it was well put together all things considered.

Best musical moment for me - the bass pedals during Los Endos..also the best song overall of the night I thought.

I liked the video on the crowd during "Throwing.." That was a cool idea, and it was nice to look at all the nice looking women on the screen and forget that they were even playing the song.

And last but not least, classic comments from a woman in the row behind me and I know some will appreciate - during Phil's intro to Ripples, she goes "Ohh yea Paradise; they're going to play 'Another Day in Paradise', I hope they do Another Day in Paradise now". Her significant other quips "No, its from Trick of the Tail". She says "what, Trails?" Hehehehe.

And so we came back here at about 1:30AM and went thru a couple bottles of Merlot and watched the Shepperton video. Perfect way to cap the night off, to bring it all home so to speak. "all the way upwards, and..all the way downwards"

Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:10 am

It's funny you should say that about "Ripples" (now I sound like Phil), I had a woman next to me at 10/2 who, after "Ripples" and singing every lyric to the song, she asked "How could you enjoy THAT but leave during 'Hold on My Heart?'" :lol:

This is coming from someone who thought Pete was involved in this whole thing.

Aside from the humor, I'm glad you had fun. If only I could attend all three. But that's just greedy. There's always tonight!

Two Shows Live
October 2, United Center, Chicago, IL
October 4, United Center, Chicago, IL

Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:11 pm

I agree with epping about phil going through the motions with his stage banter. I went to both tuesday and wednesdays shows and phil said almost the same thing for his intro's to songs. I don't think he can get to excited if he is saying the same thing night after night. I'm almost suprised Phil didn't start singing happy birthday to Mike again on wed., just because he did it the night before.

I thought both shows were great but liked wednesdays better. No suprise; the setlist was the same. The crowd/band seemed a little more into it on wednesday. Tuesday I had 20th main floor seats and Wed. had second level balcony seats in the back. I almost enjoyed sitting further back because you really got a sense of how the music and visuals interacted with one another, and how that helped enhance the whole atmosphere of the show.

Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:00 pm

Most amazing night of my life! I'm still working on the review, but I'll be sure to post it soon ;)

Sat Oct 06, 2007 5:47 pm

Another thing. I thought the songs sounded really weird in the lower keys, notably In the Cage - the keyboard solo was very strange due to that. And "Domino" part one basically sounded awful.

Sun Oct 07, 2007 7:14 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]