View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:47 am

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 29-Sep-2007 Quicken Loans Arena, Cleveland OH 

They haven't changed the setlist yet on the tour. Hilly actually posted the wrong setlist. It starts with Behind the Lines intro which segues into Duke's End, and then TIOA. The Cage medley is Cage/Cinema Show/Duke's Travels/Afterglow. They don't play Duchess.

Glad you enjoyed the show.

Ahh...thanks for pointing that out. Makes more sense to me now. I tried going by what was the latest printed set and just went with what Hilly wrote. I wasn't sure whether Genesis tinkered with the set or not since the first few gigs in the U.S.

At any rate, you set the record straight. I envy you getting to go two nights in Chicago.

stranger

Yeah, I couldn't really tell what was going on in the first bit. The video screen on our side was mostly showing Chester. Funny thing, when I was watching Phil directly on stage, I thought he was playing on his bar stool! After a few more glances, I realized the stool was in front of whatever drum he was playing on.

Tue Oct 02, 2007 5:27 am

squonkman wrote:

They haven't changed the setlist yet on the tour. Hilly actually posted the wrong setlist. It starts with Behind the Lines intro which segues into Duke's End, and then TIOA. The Cage medley is Cage/Cinema Show/Duke's Travels/Afterglow. They don't play Duchess.

Glad you enjoyed the show.

Ahh...thanks for pointing that out. Makes more sense to me now. I tried going by what was the latest printed set and just went with what Hilly wrote. I wasn't sure whether Genesis tinkered with the set or not since the first few gigs in the U.S.

At any rate, you set the record straight. I envy you getting to go two nights in Chicago.

stranger

Yeah, I couldn't really tell what was going on in the first bit. The video screen on our side was mostly showing Chester. Funny thing, when I was watching Phil directly on stage, I thought he was playing on his bar stool! After a few more glances, I realized the stool was in front of whatever drum he was playing on.

you know by now that they did a drum stool duet first before moving to the drums, right???

they both had drum stools placed side by side, Chester's behind Phil's. They "drummed" on their cushions, and once in a while Phil would use the stool back as a "cymbal". They did that because that is the way they warm up before shows. Then, Phil slowly starts hitting some of the drums, and then sits, and then Chester sits and they go into the traditional drum duet. And yes, Phil was chanting/shouting at the end of the duet, kind of ramping up for the final push before Los Endos kicks in. He did that at every show, but this is the first tour that he did that "yelling" during the duet.

Its too bad that your view didn't allow you to see that stuff, it was great.

Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:09 am

Ahhh...thanks for replying about the drum stool bit. It was just too hard to tell from my point of view. Chester's drum kit pretty well blocked my view of their drumming on their stools. The left video screen only showed Chester's head bopping along to the rhythm. I think Phil was in front of his stool, so I just never really could see them do it. But I could hear they were playing on something altogether different. I just thought they were playing on the edge of their drums for the "cymbals" part. Gave up figuring out what was the "drum part" - the seat as you say now... :wink:

Sorry for the slow reply...I was coming to grips with yet another futile run toward a sport championship here in Cleveland. I tip my hat to Boston - they are by far the better team. I hope they crush Colorado on their way to another World Series title. :P Eh, we'll see.

Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:03 am
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2