View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:17 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 25-Sep-2007 Madison Square Garden, New York City, NY 
Site Admin

Post 25-Sep-2007 Madison Square Garden, New York City, NY
Post reviews / set lists / photos here.

Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:00 am
Profile WWW

no stories, reports from anyone in the New York area? Wake up people.

Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:39 pm

OK, I'll wake up. Of the four shows I saw, I think this one was the best. Great seats, great energy in the crowd around me. Some of the stronger songs this evening were Ripples, HBTS, Drum Duet into Los Endos. No real week spots that I can recall. Just a great vibe overall - which might be because it was the one show my wife went to with me, and a great dinner before hand with a couple that flew over from London to catch this show. Giants Stadium would turn out to be a letdown after this ....

Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:59 pm

I happen to completley disagree with the other poster. I feel the exact opposite. The Giant Stadium show smoked the Garden show for me. BUT, thats also because my seating arrangments were also the exact opposite of the previous poster.

I sat completley side-staged for the MSG show in what turned out to be the Q104.3 section, as I sat right in front of Maria Melido. Whereas I dead center, floor, 18 perfect rows back at the Stadium.

My thoughts on the Garden show. I was HUGLEY disappointed in the front of house volume when Behind the Lines started. I honestly could've dealt with DOUBLE the volume. You are not supposed to be able to have a non-yelling conversation with the person next to you. I understand the concept of "show-building", and the show did hit high points volume wise during Mama and Los Endos.. but please.. My favorite band of all time opens a show for the first time in 15 years, and the intensity is non-existent. I also understand the whole older crowd thing, but please.. it's a f*cking rock show. Get over it.

During 2nd HBtS, Rutherford has his feet planted firmly and knees bent and was rocking like I've never seen before. Awesome stuff.

Could've done without Hold On My Heart. As a fan of all periods, I actually like this song, but felt it was a total buzzkill.

Conversley, Ripples was just beautful. High-point in the show for me.

Phil Collins is just a professional vocalist. No two ways about it. Even though almost every key was dropped, not a single bum note. I was so impressed.

You could tell on the some of the older passages Tony had the "Oh crap, here it comes" kinda thing goin on when it came to parts during In the Cage and Firth. His playing was very stiff on the older stuff, but not anything to get crazy over.

Phil also biffed Firth himself a bit, and would do this again at the Stadium the next night. But again, this is not easy stuff.

For some reason, felt Mama was the song of the night. And would again at the Stadium.

The chair thing during the duet was a cute touch, but the duet itself when it finally moved to the kits wasnt anything more than a comp of all the duets theyve ever done. Cool though.

Los Endos was huge.

Not sure why this show wasnt the out-of-body experience I thought it would be. Mustve been the seats. I'll post my Stadium thoughts in that thread.

Sat Sep 29, 2007 3:32 pm

wake up??? I've been pretty clear about the show's and i'm a new yorker.can't you tell.
to keepin silence i resighned

Sun Sep 30, 2007 1:46 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]