View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:20 pm

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 23-Sep-2007 Verizon Center, Washington DC 
Site Admin

Post 23-Sep-2007 Verizon Center, Washington DC
Post reviews / set lists / photos here.

Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:00 am
Profile WWW

Post Nearly Showtime In DC!
Anybody else gearing up for the DC gig yet?! I'll be there with my 3 brothers and concert memories of as far back as '78!Here's to yet another incredible Genefestr Production!!

Cheerzzz, Wot Gorilla

Sun Sep 23, 2007 8:25 am

Hands down, the best show I've ever scene.

Better than DMB.
Better than U2.
Better than Pearl Jam.
Better than Reel Big Fish.

Saw this show last night in DC...what a great show, and a great night...

Started the night the same way we start every group event... with dinner at Pollo Rico ($4.60 for a quarter chicken, fries and coleslaw (or just double fries, depending on the mood), then caught the metro into DC for a quick pint a Fado, then into the Verizon center. We walked in at a few minutes past 8:00, thinking we would sit down just in time for the show, but sadly we were mistaken. After an hour long delay due to "power issues," which provided time to buy a $40 t-shirt and two $4 bottles of water for me and my lady friend, the lights finally went down and the band came on... Phil started out on drums, then came up for vocals and ran between drums and vocals all night.

Same setlist as every other night, amazing none the less. Highlights for me were Mama, Home By The Sea, Firth of Fifth, Invisible Touch and I Can't Dance.

The lighting for this show was absolutely incredible...

Ended up getting a copy of the setlist too!!!!

And for what its worth... Ripples really killed the crowd... definately should have switched it up to In Too Deep or Jesus He Knows Me for the American leg of the tour.

Setlist:

Dukes Travels
Turn It On Again
No Son Of Mine
Land of Confusion
In The Cage -> Cinema Show > Afterglow
Hold On My Heart
Home By The Sea
Follow You Follow Me
Fifth of Firth > I Know What I Like
Mama
Ripples
Throwing It All Away
Domino
Drum Duet >
Los Endos
Tonight, Tonight Tonight
Invisible Touch

I Can't Dance
Carpet Crawlers

Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:05 pm

And for what its worth... Ripples really killed the crowd... definately should have switched it up to In Too Deep or Jesus He Knows Me for the American leg of the tour.

yeah, In Too Deep would have set the place on fire. :?

Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:10 pm

Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:36 pm

it would have.

If you say so... :?

Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:51 pm

WOW!

Just a great show, I saw the last 2 tours one in the UK with Ray and the other with Phil in Paris but this DC show was fantastic!

Fav part was Home by the Sea and the end on Invisible touch ;) not going to say more for the folks that have not seen the show yet.

If your about to see the show, your going to love it.

Sound was great, lighting was great and being a Brit, watching it with such a great energetic american crowed was fantastic.

Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:27 pm

Well Hilly, I don't know where you were, but everyone around me was singing along, and I thought Ripples received one of the best receptions of the entire night. I was on an aisle, and no one walked in front of me to leave. Folks did during Hold on My Heart and Throwing It All Away though. Ripples is ONLY one of the greatest songs ever written! I'm happy and grateful it stayed. It was a highlight for me.

Well, on with my review. :D

After a 40 minute delay due to what were told were 'power surges', they took the stage about 8:45, and did perform the entire set. I don't think it was a sellout, but it was pretty dang close. The crowd was enthusiastic, very warm and appreciative.

The stage show blew me away. Never seen anything like it.

I thought Daryl never sounded better, Mike was so on his game, Phil and Chester tore it up, and Tony...well...he's Tony-freakin'-Banks. Just one of the best keyboardists ever. Phil's voice is holding up real well I think.

Mama took me completely by surprise... it sounded so good! Los Endos still blows doors, Home By The Sea rocked out, and the words to Land of Confusion never more appropriate. And I'm really glad they're still jamming out Domino. Carpet Crawlers was like a pure drop of musical bliss.

I like pop Genesis, so there were no disappointments for me. They could play for 4 hours and not get to everything I'd like to hear. I think the setlist balances things very well for everyone.

If I had a wish song to add to the set it would be Fading Lights. But hey, the lights aren't fading now, are they? I think they're just starting to come up again. :D

I am one happy Genesis fan. I sure hope they keep it coming for awhile.

You folks in NYC get to see them tonight you lucky people.

Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:55 pm

Hilly may be the only Genesis fan around who doesn't get Ripples. How sad for him.

Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:30 pm

I wanted to kill everybody who stood up and went to the bathroom for Ripples....disrespectful b@$!@#$

After all, you're not what you thought you were at all
You're just a natural fact, another Cul-De-Sac
On nature's hard unfeeling trail"

http://www.prestonandsteverock.com
http://www.tonylayneshow.com

Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:45 am
Profile YIM WWW

People are going to go to the bathroom, buy shirts, get snacks, get beer at some point in the show.

Ripples was def. the time to do it.

Thu Sep 27, 2007 4:49 pm

People are going to go to the bathroom, buy shirts, get snacks, get beer at some point in the show.

I don't know what concert you were watching, but virtually everyone here has reported that people are picking Hold on My Heart to take the bathroom break. Also, take a look at the tour song poll on the concert blog on the Genesis News.com forum. What song they play is your favorite? Ripples wins EASILY. HOMH and TIOA are easily dead last.

so Hilly, how does it feel to be so out of step with the majority of Genesis fans?

Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:17 pm

Hilly wrote:

I don't know what concert you were watching, but virtually everyone here has reported that people are picking Hold on My Heart to take the bathroom break. Also, take a look at the tour song poll on the concert blog on the Genesis News.com forum. What song they play is your favorite? Ripples wins EASILY. HOMH and TIOA are easily dead last.

so Hilly, how does it feel to be so out of step with the majority of Genesis fans?

For some reason, call me crazy, I think he's trolling just to get us worked up about the inclusion of "Ripples".

I mean, how can you HONESTLY take a lame Top 40 pop song over a true prog classic? There's nothing even remotely beautiful about HOMH if you ask me, but the melody and lyrics of "Ripples" are so magnificent, it's one of the few songs that successfully gives me chills every listen.

I said it in the October 2nd thread, my meeting spot for Genesis fans is the bathroom during HOMH. If you wanna find me during "Ripples" come to my seat. But chances are I won't even pay attention, since I'll be too occupied with enjoying the song.

Not to derail the thread or anything, I just don't get how someone could HATE "Ripples" so much and love HOMH or "In Too Deep" so much, unless you're the typical greatest-hits-soccer-mom 8)

Two Shows Live
October 2, United Center, Chicago, IL
October 4, United Center, Chicago, IL

Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:40 pm

By george I think you've got it. Hilly is a middle aged soccer mom who wants to remember her last secret affair by listening to In Too Deep.

Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:05 am

Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:16 am
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next