View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:43 am

Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 16-Sep-2007 Hartford Civic Center, Hartford CT 

The phone thing was definitely during LOC. A full chorus worth.

Okay thanks for the correction!

Sat Sep 22, 2007 4:27 pm

bigchester wrote:
squonkman wrote:
lackluster Ripples? Ripples is not supposed to be an upbeat dance type song. Its a gem. Its attitudes like that which will get that song knocked out of the set and spoil it for the rest of us.

Well he is just giving his opinion...

I don't think Genesis would retrieve the song because some people don't like it, in fact Genesis probably don't read this forum...

I like Ripples too, but there are many other songs to enjoy in the show right?

People are getting obsessed with this song! :wink:

That was just my 2 cents... 8)

I think the reason people are so protective of Ripples is that its one of the few 70s songs they sing completely that is more of an old school song, a nod to the old faithful that have been with the band for 30 plus years, and it differentiates the setlist from the same old of the IT and WCD tours. Yes, its a quiet song, but a quiet intensity. And its one of the few they do from the Hackett years. Plus, with the rumors that it might be a casualty on the American tour for more IT fare, there are those of us who want to make sure the song is appreciated.

+1...Squonkman...very well said. Medleys go so far but the highlights for me were the old songs performed all the way through....Ripples, IKWIL, CC, Los Endos.......especially Los Endos.
I got a bit emotional during Ripples :cry: It was just overwhelming hearing that live again after 30+ years.......with my son next to me......

Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:32 pm
Reply to topic   [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3