View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:59 pm

Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Encore Series in U.S. 

Post Encore Series in U.S.
Does anyone actually see this happening? I know they announced they would be doing it in Europe maybe 10-11 days before the tour actually started, so there's still time.

I remember Tony saying it MIGHT not happen due to a label issue with Atlantic. He never actually said it COULDN'T happen. With the news of the live album mixed by Nick Davis for the best of Europe, for some reason now it seems highly unlikely they'll actually pull through and do the soundboards for us in the States.

I can guarantee I'll be really disappointed if they do not do this for the US. I've had these tickets for about 6 months, longest I've ever held tickets and this is the concert of the year for me (well, concerts).

Thoughts? Comments? Theories?

Two Shows Live
October 2, United Center, Chicago, IL
October 4, United Center, Chicago, IL

Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:40 pm

Post Re: Encore Series in U.S.
AeroZach wrote:
Does anyone actually see this happening? I know they announced they would be doing it in Europe maybe 10-11 days before the tour actually started, so there's still time.

I remember Tony saying it MIGHT not happen due to a label issue with Atlantic. He never actually said it COULDN'T happen. With the news of the live album mixed by Nick Davis for the best of Europe, for some reason now it seems highly unlikely they'll actually pull through and do the soundboards for us in the States.

I can guarantee I'll be really disappointed if they do not do this for the US. I've had these tickets for about 6 months, longest I've ever held tickets and this is the concert of the year for me (well, concerts).

Thoughts? Comments? Theories?

has anyone asked why Atlantic couldn't contract with the company putting them out in Europe and take a cut of the pie to do them here? Or put them out themselves with their own encore program?

I have a feeling we're going to get screwed. My guess is that they will think they won't sell well because of the last US tour experience, and we won't see them. So we'll have to settle for bootlegs. Hopefully someone has a connection to some soundboard guys and can sneak a few out....

Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:45 pm

Post We Are getting the ENCORE Series of live cds!!!
Well, I was wrong---they are actually going to do the Encore Series for the North American concerts, according to the interviews done today at the rehearsals!!! Sweet.

Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:39 am

Post Re: We Are getting the ENCORE Series of live cds!!!
squonkman wrote:
Well, I was wrong---they are actually going to do the Encore Series for the North American concerts, according to the interviews done today at the rehearsals!!! Sweet.

I was wrong as well. Now I'm excited!

Two Shows Live

Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:17 am

Post No Encore Shows for MSG or Hollywood Bowl
I just found out that there will be no Encore Series shows apparantly for Madison Square Garden and the 2 Hollywood Bowl shows. Apparantly those venues wanted some kind of fee or tax from Genesis for allowing an official recording in their venue, and Genesis won't pay to record their own shows. So no CDs of these 3 shows. That's too bad, because I was going to buy the last Hollywood Bowl show as it may be the last live Genesis ever.

DAT tapers, get your equipment ready.

Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:35 am

That's too bad about the Hollywood Bowl shows. I was going to buy the last one for the same reason.

Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:47 pm

Post Re: No Encore Shows for MSG or Hollywood Bowl
squonkman wrote:
I just found out that there will be no Encore Series shows apparantly for Madison Square Garden and the 2 Hollywood Bowl shows. Apparantly those venues wanted some kind of fee or tax from Genesis for allowing an official recording in their venue, and Genesis won't pay to record their own shows. So no CDs of these 3 shows. That's too bad, because I was going to buy the last Hollywood Bowl show as it may be the last live Genesis ever.

DAT tapers, get your equipment ready.

Well, we're getting MSG now, announced after the show. Think they'll add Hollywood Bowl last minute? I was hoping for that one as well :cry:

Two Shows Live

Sat Sep 29, 2007 7:16 am

I was hoping to buy the last show also because in my ever revolution mind gabriel comes out for the last carpet crawlers and sings it with more passion than ever and say's, we''ll see you all next year :shock:
yaaahoooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

Sun Sep 30, 2007 1:55 am

I was hoping to buy the last show also because in my ever revolution mind gabriel comes out for the last carpet crawlers and sings it with more passion than ever and say's, we''ll see you all next year :shock:
yaaahoooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

I like that dream. I hope it comes true, although maybe 2 years since I won't have to ask my folks if I can go :D

Sun Sep 30, 2007 2:03 am

I just checked on TheMusic.com and the two Hollywood shows are now listed as being for sale.

Sun Oct 21, 2007 3:28 am

I just checked on TheMusic.com and the two Hollywood shows are now listed as being for sale.

I already posted that info in a seperate thread, but thanks for the heads up anyway.

Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:40 am

Just got the two Hollywood Bowl shows on the Encore Cds, maybe the last Genesis shows ever, and man they sound good. Hard to tell much difference from the official live album and these. I don't know if its the venue, the fact that the acoustics are good in the bowl, or if they just took these straight from the mixing desk, but they sound cleaner with less 'audience' in them then some of the other Encores I have heard, especially the European shows. Interesting to hear Tony's keyboard seemingly go out during Invisible Touch---then it sounds like he hits it in disgust and you don't hear any synths at all the rest of the song--just drums, bass and guitar. Has Phil's explanation as to why they are stopping the show (rain, so no encores) and its a unique one to have. The last show is cool and it contains Phil's thank you speech at the end, and his "I love you's" to Tony and Mike. Wish I could have been at those shows.

Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:44 am
Post Well the question remains
The question of why would they want to record every single show from Europe and the US?

You would think that they would just make a big mix from Europe and US.

But why would they only do Europe and do nothing with the US concerts?

Sun Dec 23, 2007 4:33 pm

Bigger crowds in Europe, sounds better on the mix. I think the encore Series was a great idea. I have been buying Encore series since Gabriels 2003 Tour. If you hadn't noticed, the first TWO Genesis live albums were in Europe as well!

After all, you're not what you thought you were at all
You're just a natural fact, another Cul-De-Sac
On nature's hard unfeeling trail"

http://www.prestonandsteverock.com
http://www.tonylayneshow.com

Mon Dec 24, 2007 9:53 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Well true. But on Live over Europe all you really hear is the music and not the crowd.

That's why I like it better than the Encore CDs because Phil's voice sounds like he's right next to you.

But still bigger crowds in Europe since they played in stadiums and not in an arena like the US leg.

Tue Dec 25, 2007 8:40 pm
Reply to topic   [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next