View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:02 am

Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Encore Series in U.S. 

I like them both for different reasons. The Encore series, because it is recording of shows, most likely the ones you went to, you can here the crowd and it brings back the memories of being there.

LoE, is great because it is a 'proper' mix of the album by Nick Davis, and it just sounds AWESOME!

After all, you're not what you thought you were at all
You're just a natural fact, another Cul-De-Sac
On nature's hard unfeeling trail"

http://www.prestonandsteverock.com
http://www.tonylayneshow.com

Last edited by Danlaw83 on Wed Dec 26, 2007 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:38 pm
Profile YIM WWW

LoE, is greta because it is a 'proper' mix of the album by Nick Davis, and it just sounds AWESOME!

Yeah Nick Davis is very good at that. Sounds great. But I have yet to put it on MP3

Wed Dec 26, 2007 6:14 pm

Question:- To all owners of US encore series CD's.
I'm thinking about buying 2 maybe 3 US encore series CD's.I would like to know what shows sounded the best.

Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:51 pm
I'm thinking about buying 2 maybe 3 US encore series CD's.I would like to know what shows sounded the best.

Well personally I think that you might want to get the second hollywood bowl show,one of the chicago shows, and maybe even the Buffalo or Columbus one.

From what I've heard those are the best ones for the US

Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:19 pm

I would highly recommend the Hollywood Bowl recordings. For one thing, they may be the last 2 Genesis gigs ever. Second, the Friday show is unique because it rained and they had to cut out the encore, so its a unique show. And the last show has Phil's final speech etc. Plus, I swear, those shows sound like true soundboards almost as good as the official live cd. The bass is very deep. Doesn't sound like they mixed in the crowd as much as the others, but still retains that 'you are there' ambience.

Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:30 am

Squonkendos wrote:

I would highly recommend the Hollywood Bowl recordings. For one thing, they may be the last 2 Genesis gigs ever. Second, the Friday show is unique because it rained and they had to cut out the encore, so its a unique show. And the last show has Phil's final speech etc. Plus, I swear, those shows sound like true soundboards almost as good as the official live cd. The bass is very deep. Doesn't sound like they mixed in the crowd as much as the others, but still retains that 'you are there' ambience.

Thanks for your input,i was thinking about the last one for that reason.If the sound is as good as that, then they might be the ones that i will buy.Cheers. :D

Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:34 pm

Post Re: Encore Series in U.S.
Hey....I think my Encore Series (Hartford) is a lot better mix than Live Over Europe. Phil talking makes it far more interesting and satisfying. I also like the mix on the Encore Series better than Live Over Europe; especially the drums, which are more prominent here than on Live Over Europe.
Just my 2 cents. :thumbsup:

Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:05 pm

Does anyone know if the Encore shows can be found for sale anywhere other than themusic.com? That site appears to be sold out of some shows. Yet I can't find any copies (even used ones) on Ebay or Amazon.

Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:25 pm

Interesting you should say that. I've got a pile of stuff to put on ebay - one of which is the Twickenham Encore CD set. I'd hoped to put them all on ebay before Christmas but due to the horrendous weather in Scotland the roads network is at a virtual standstill and there wouldn't be much chance of the stuff reaching its destination anytime soon. I'll keep you in the loop for when I do eventually get organised.

Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:38 pm
Reply to topic   [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2