View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:14 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Rome DVD Pushed back FURTHER! - According to Amazon UK 

Post Rome DVD Pushed back FURTHER! - According to Amazon UK
Hi all,

As, no doubt many of you are aware, we are eagerly anticipating the release of the "When in Rome..." DVD. It was pushed back from December to February 18th and I have just checked the Amazon UK website and it is now stating it for pre-order with a release slated for 26th May 2008.

To me this is a real let-down. They have recently pushed back the 70-75 boxset and now this fantastic DVD which, if released as this date suggests, will not be far off a year after the tour started.

I know it'll be worth the wait, but this long? I dont know how much more I can take...

Can anyone verify this or has anyone else seen any other evidence that the DVD is pushed back further or is still set for a Feb. release?

Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:27 am

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Genesis-When-Rome-Live-2007/dp/B000Y35A94/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1200614048&sr=8-1

Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:55 am

On the official forum Nick Davis appearently has answered:
"as far as i know we're still talking march and may for dvd and boxset."

So whom to trust?
Nick Davis or amazon.com.uk (as they are the ONLY one for the moment having announced this delay) ?

The official Genesis site have no release date of When in Rome announced if i've searched on the right place....

Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:18 pm

Post Re: Rome DVD Pushed back FURTHER! - According to Amazon UK
genesisHBTS wrote:
Hi all,

As, no doubt many of you are aware, we are eagerly anticipating the release of the "When in Rome..." DVD. It was pushed back from December to February 18th and I have just checked the Amazon UK website and it is now stating it for pre-order with a release slated for 26th May 2008.

To me this is a real let-down. They have recently pushed back the 70-75 boxset and now this fantastic DVD which, if released as this date suggests, will not be far off a year after the tour started.

I know it'll be worth the wait, but this long? I dont know how much more I can take...

Can anyone verify this or has anyone else seen any other evidence that the DVD is pushed back further or is still set for a Feb. release?

Play.com, have also got a release date of 26-5-08. :evil: Its also cheaper than amazon, only £12.99. :D

http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/4949542/ ... oduct.html

Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:54 pm

Yes, but does someone know if this delay is an international release date or does it concern only online shops as amazon.co.uk and affiliate ?

Why isn't it confirmed by the official website ?

Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:03 am

Even on this site there are different terms announced than on the inner sleeve booklet of the LOE CD.

Quote:
When In Rome
UK / Eur. Rel. Date : March 2008 (TBC)
US Rel. Date : March 2008 (TBC)

Are these announcements still valid ?

Simon any infos ? :wink:

Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:28 pm
Site Admin

March was the last I heard. Good luck with getting anything confirmed from the official site!

Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:40 pm
Profile WWW

March was the last I heard. Good luck with getting anything confirmed from the official site!

Thanks Simon,

Meanwhile the official forum has set an info "to take with greatest care"-wise
Quote:
It *appears* that both the Live In Rome DVD and the 1970-1975 Box Set are on schedule for a March and May release respectively. If any new news comes in about this, I will update this news area as soon as the news comes in.

i love the "it appears"...... :lol:
http://www.genesis-music.com/news/index.php

But Christian from the german forum got another info from EMI Germany giving other terms:
- Release of When in Rome set for end of May 08 as a 3-set-dvd / no mention of blue ray or HD DVD
- 70-75 Box for release september 08 the earliest... :cry:

Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:56 pm
Site Admin

I've just had the September 2008 date confirmed to me as well.

Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:16 pm
Profile WWW

I've just had the September 2008 date confirmed to me as well.

I suppose your source is Emi ? genesis-com ? the management ....
And When in Rome ?....

Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:28 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]