View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:54 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 The future is bright 

Post The future is bright
Clearly with this DVD launching press conference, there is something up. Why would they wait months and months, just to have another press conference, that is only based around a DVD? That doesn't add up. I'm definetly not saying reunion with said members, but it seems as the 3 piece band is back, they may have something else up their sleeve. Clearly new music is not directly on the horizon, so I am thinking another tour, with a different setlist perhaps at some point in early 2009. But things are rolling faster than most of thought it looks like. I am also out of the loop because i refuse to pay 35 bucks to use their "free" message board, so I am also just spectulating.

Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:29 pm

Post Re: The future is bright
First of all you CAN join the forum for free by just using your credit card number I think. Second of all they haven't told us anything on there yet either. The first time I hear it I will post it!

After all, you're not what you thought you were at all
You're just a natural fact, another Cul-De-Sac
On nature's hard unfeeling trail"

http://www.prestonandsteverock.com
http://www.tonylayneshow.com

Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:51 am
Profile YIM WWW

I just tried to log in at the Genesis site - indeed they do want $35 to access the forums. The only thing you can do is sign up for a newsletter.

Do you think that the $35 is justified? Are the forums lovely and teeming with life like the movement forums? :D
What do you really get for your $35? (I know about the upcoming dvd...)

dR

Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:00 pm
Profile WWW

Hi all 8)

I'm on the official forum (since the nostalgic days of the old one), and there's no real news at the moment.

Anyway, I'm for a 5 man reunion instead :wink:

Phil pointed out in 2007 that he doesn't want to do a new album.

Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:38 pm
Profile YIM

The evidence:
1. As revolutionman said, a big press conference in May cannot just be to launch a live DVD - there must be something else.
2. The Gabriel era 5.1 box set has been pushed back to September for no known reason...
3. Rumours of discussions happening with Peter, Tony Smith and others at the O2 arena on the day of the Led Zep reunion.
4. On Peter's monthly 'Moon Club' video, he mentioned the Led Zep reunion, and compared it to the Six of the Best show, commenting on how Led Zep demonstrated the importance of loads of rehearsal (which G failed to do for Six of the Best). Without saying anything specific, Peter automatically associated the evening at the O2 with the previous Genesis reunion.

... my prediction:
Between one and three 5-piece Genesis concerts this autumn, all of them at the O2 arena in London.

...and I have no inside information on this - only what I have read on this site... :wink:

Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:41 pm

Tulyar wrote:
The evidence:
1. As revolutionman said, a big press conference in May cannot just be to launch a live DVD - there must be something else.
2. The Gabriel era 5.1 box set has been pushed back to September for no known reason...
3. Rumours of discussions happening with Peter, Tony Smith and others at the O2 arena on the day of the Led Zep reunion.
4. On Peter's monthly 'Moon Club' video, he mentioned the Led Zep reunion, and compared it to the Six of the Best show, commenting on how Led Zep demonstrated the importance of loads of rehearsal (which G failed to do for Six of the Best). Without saying anything specific, Peter automatically associated the evening at the O2 with the previous Genesis reunion.

... my prediction:
Between one and three 5-piece Genesis concerts this autumn, all of them at the O2 arena in London.

...and I have no inside information on this - only what I have read on this site... :wink:

I think you sum it up nicely Tulyar. Then next year................Fingers crossed.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:58 pm

Expect more news on the press conference this week. May will be a very exciting month!

:band:

Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:31 pm

So... bummer.

Thu May 22, 2008 12:00 am

Rickdiculous wrote:
So... bummer.

Yep - that's about right.

Clearly my earlier post on this thread was way over-optimistic... :(

Thu May 22, 2008 9:18 am

a bummer indeed. instead of waiting for Peter they really should convince Steve more and more.

I think in our lifetimes the closest thing to get to the old days that seems plausible and to hear way better music, is to see them as a 5 piece with Steve and Chester on the skins. It is highly possible, they should just dang well pursue it a little harder cuz if they wait another 4 or 5 years for a "meeting" ya know they might not all live forever right?

Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:53 am
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]