View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:48 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Daily Star Report 
Site Admin

Post Daily Star Report
Hey all,

As you've probably all seen, it has been reported in the Daily Star tabloid newspaper and on another website that Genesis will be announcing a reunion on Tuesday or Wednesday (depending on the site) in Los Angeles.

So, while I prepare myself for the onslaught of emails, I thought I'd pen a few thoughts here.

Firstly, there's no smoke without fire, of that I'm certain. However, the timing seems a little odd. Why?
- The official site said there will be no announcement this year.
- Phil is known to be working on Tarzan the musical
- Peter is reported to be working on IO among other things.

And why Los Angeles? Hit & Run are based in London, and all the guys, with the exception of Phil, live relatively close by.

So, until Tuesday, here are my thoughts. I assume one or more of them must be in LA for some reason, otherwise why would this story materialise? The smoke / fire theory.

To announce a reunion? It seems unlikely, but who knows. Perhaps Phil is planning on being there to promote the Tarzan musical, perhaps Peter is there recording IO.

I’ll post more as I hear it, but feel free to add some discussion here.

Links;
http://contactmusic.com/new/xmlfeed.nsf ... 11_03_2006

Cheers
Simon

Sat Mar 11, 2006 7:23 pm
Profile WWW

"There are no decisions by Genesis to perform anywhere whatsoever at this time. This situation will not alter in the next twelve months."

all that it says is that they won't be performing anywhere in the next twelve months.

It doesn't preclude them announcing a reunion to record and tour.

Would recording be considered "performing"???

Mike

Sat Mar 11, 2006 11:32 pm

Post Unlikely G-Reunion Announcement
I have a more than sneaking suspicion that this is actually the New Cars tour announcement which will be made in LA at the House Of Blues on Tuesday. Leave it to the tabloid press to screw it up and around. For those not aware, the Cars are sort-of reuniting (Eliott Easton and Greg Hawkes) along with Todd Rundgren in the role of Rick Okasek and going on the road this summer.

Sat Mar 11, 2006 11:35 pm

Post HI ALL!
Delphi91 wrote:
As I read the official statement:

"There are no decisions by Genesis to perform anywhere whatsoever at this time. This situation will not alter in the next twelve months."

all that it says is that they won't be performing anywhere in the next twelve months.

It doesn't preclude them announcing a reunion to record and tour.

Would recording be considered "performing"???

Mike
would really! really like this to happen !!!!!seen them 1993 newcastle city hall was buzzining out of this world !!!! Never slept for days took me days to come off the ceiling was like a dream!!!!! DESPERATE FOR A REPEAT!!!! crazed Phil fan 4 ever

Mon Apr 03, 2006 11:21 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]