View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:33 pm

Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 What song do you NOT want to hear on the tour? 

Post What song do you NOT want to hear on the tour?
Everyone has a favorite song they want to hear. There's a whole thread dedicated to it, with lots of entries. (In my fantasy world, it would be Can Utility and the Coastliners, but I know it is not to be!)

What song do you DREAD hearing?

I have always wondered why they insisted on playing Who Dunnit? So I am hoping and praying that they do NOT play Who Dunnit. Maybe I shouldn't say this, but the next song on my list would be Misunderstanding. At least that song is salvaged by Tony's keyboard break.

Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:27 am

I'm hoping that there won't be any songs from solo project....and no cover versions either.

Could you imagine how a stadium full of fans would react to a full-length cover version of "Grendel":

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

.....talk about "Springtime for Hitler" :lol:

Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:24 pm

I don't think they have ever done any solo stuff at a Genesis concert.

I used to get a kick out of people coming into the show saying: "I hope they do In the Air Tonight." They've got years and years of group material, so they would probably not spend the time to play Su-su-sussdio or The Living Years.

I WOULD like to see some Smallcreep's Day material, but at a Mike Rutherford show, not Genesis.

Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:19 pm

I don't think they have ever done any solo stuff at a Genesis concert.

I used to get a kick out of people coming into the show saying: "I hope they do In the Air Tonight." They've got years and years of group material, so they would probably not spend the time to play Su-su-sussdio or The Living Years.

I WOULD like to see some Smallcreep's Day material, but at a Mike Rutherford show, not Genesis.

The only time they've played solo stuff is at the 40th Birthday Atlantic Show in 88, with a medley including in the air tonight, silent running and short cut to somewhere....and at the reunion show in 82, they played Solsbury Hill with Peter singing...

Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:29 am

I dread hearing Domino. I find it pompous, bloated, and dull. Not to mention lyrically trite. And horribly dated. And long. So very long.

I'd rather hear three "hits" in a row than Domino, and that's sayin' something.

Please, you've played Domino at every show since you released it. For the love of God, give Domino a pass this time!

Sat Mar 17, 2007 11:19 pm

Silver Rainbow
Keep It Dark
Who Dunnit?
Another Record
Invisible Touch
I Can't Dance
Hold On My Heart

Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:39 pm

Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:50 am

Hold On My Heart, Invisible Touch...the two major songs that I REALLY don't want to hear!

After all, you're not what you thought you were at all
You're just a natural fact, another Cul-De-Sac
On nature's hard unfeeling trail"

http://www.prestonandsteverock.com
http://www.tonylayneshow.com

Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:30 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Although I love Hold On My Heart the show always seemed to drag when they played it. Probably better at indoor shows but definitely not one for the stadiums.

Ummm, songs I don't want to hear? I think I could live without I Can't Dance; I enjoyed it on the Dance tour, thought it sounded terrible on the Stations tour and now I think there are simply better songs from that lineup that I'd sooner hear.

Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:01 pm

Though I'm sure they will play it. They should realize that the fans that have stuck around for all these years aren't still fans because of songs like "I Can't Dance".

Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:25 pm

the only song i ever dread of hearing from genesis is invisible touch hole. god that song irritates the *beep* out of your mind.she seems to have an invisible .....ugh!!! :evil: everything else is fair game :wink:

Sat Apr 21, 2007 2:24 am

I can´t dance. I hate it, is horrible.

Come on, this was hilarious, wasn't it? :roll:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wRvtn8kOBA

Sat Apr 21, 2007 11:07 pm

Post Re: What song do you NOT want to hear on the tour?
normabuel wrote:
Everyone has a favorite song they want to hear. There's a whole thread dedicated to it, with lots of entries. (In my fantasy world, it would be Can Utility and the Coastliners, but I know it is not to be!)

i would be completely happy if the entire concert was two hours of can utility over and over again.

Thu May 10, 2007 8:30 am

[color=green]Every song that is mentioned to be confirmed WITHOUT a spoiler warning, I don't want played. :x :roll: [/color]

After all, you're not what you thought you were at all
You're just a natural fact, another Cul-De-Sac
On nature's hard unfeeling trail"

http://www.prestonandsteverock.com
http://www.tonylayneshow.com

Thu May 10, 2007 6:25 pm
Profile YIM WWW

Jesus he loves me, sorry probably only song that I detest and fast forward and close second is Land of Confusion.
Anyway, if they do play something suspect its just a good excuse to nip for a loo break....

Fri May 11, 2007 7:54 pm
Reply to topic   [ 59 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next