View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:28 pm

Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 What song do you NOT want to hear on the tour? 

Illegal Alien, Hold On My Heart, Jesus He Knows Me, Invisible Touch, I Can't Dance, Misunderstanding, No Son Of Mine, Tonight Tonight Tonight, Anything She Does, In Too Deep, anything from Invisible Touch, Anything from I Can't Write........Wow for a band I really like , there sure are a lot of songs I don't want to hear them play. There is a common thread among them as well......
I still think that Genesis started to decline in songwriting the moment they stopped writing songs and began "Jamming out ideas"

Thu May 31, 2007 12:37 am
Profile WWW

Danlaw83 wrote:
An EDITED version of Tonight, Tonight, Tonight

Is that what you do want or don't want? :?

I've just booked my ticket for the Dusseldorf Cinema Show - that's the closest I'm going to get to the tour, but it will still be great!

I do NOT want to here it edited :D

After all, you're not what you thought you were at all
You're just a natural fact, another Cul-De-Sac
On nature's hard unfeeling trail"

http://www.prestonandsteverock.com
http://www.tonylayneshow.com

Thu May 31, 2007 6:55 pm
Profile YIM WWW

I still think that Genesis started to decline in songwriting the moment they stopped writing songs and began "Jamming out ideas"

Of course, that is how Genesis wrote in the early years with Pete in the band.... :wink:

Thu May 31, 2007 8:27 pm

Point taken. I guess 5 heads were better than 3 (in my opinion of course).

Thu May 31, 2007 10:43 pm
Profile WWW
Illegal Alien, Hold On My Heart, Jesus He Knows Me, Invisible Touch, I Can't Dance, Misunderstanding, No Son Of Mine, Tonight Tonight Tonight, Anything She Does, In Too Deep, anything from Invisible Touch, Anything from I Can't Write........Wow for a band I really like , there sure are a lot of songs I don't want to hear them play. There is a common thread among them as well......

Hard pressed to find a common thread amongst those songs. They did an album called I Can't Write?

Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:16 pm

After all, you're not what you thought you were at all
You're just a natural fact, another Cul-De-Sac
On nature's hard unfeeling trail"

http://www.prestonandsteverock.com
http://www.tonylayneshow.com

Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:35 pm
Profile YIM WWW

I think I know what dcappe is trying to say. For a lot of people Genesis has three phases to their career, Early period with Peter, mid period with Phil on vocals (this goes up to ...and then there were three, maybe even Duke) and the later period when they became more commercially successful (from ABACAB on). What I’m saying isn’t revolutionary or even new; it’s just the personal opinion of some fans.

For me, I lost the excited feeling after Duke. The songs are good and I enjoy them but they no longer excite me. I can still listen to Trick or Duke and still get goose bumps but the albums after Duke; well the feeling is more pedestrian(once more … just my personal opinion)

The last time I saw Genesis was in 1982 and I could not believe the incredible song selection, wow.

I’m looking forward the this tour knowing that they will play selections from all their albums and when they play anything from their last 3 or 4 albums I’m sure I’ll enjoy it but it probably won’t be the memorable part of the concert for me.

As for me I hope they don’t play these songs:

Paperlate
Who Dunnit
Illegal Alien
Domino (I’m afraid I just don’t understand why this song is so popular with fans)
I Can’t Dance

Gordon

Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:05 am

Post Reunion setlist
I for sure do not want to hear "Jesus He Knows Me". One of the stupidest songs in their catalog! And yes, CUATC is the best!

Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:41 am

Post Dream songs
My dream songs:
Dodo
Dancing w/ the Moonlit Knight (instr.)
Fly on a Windshield
Squonk
Eleventh Earl of Mar (instr.)
Down and Out (sure..of course!)
Duchess (gosh I wish)

Sat Jun 02, 2007 8:51 am

invisible touch hole,it's gonna get better,hopefully they are singing about the lamb ticket prices for next year.and any medley were they jam pack 7 songs in 1 minute including pinball wizard. its corny for them to do that and it sounds like shi...they have to much material for crap like that.
fans of confusion. :?
dreaming while you spank it. :roll:
i can't dance is not bad as long as they don't walk around on stage like there gonna do the train on each other :lol:
I think the might do no reply at all this time around.

Sun Jun 03, 2007 5:06 pm

I dread hearing Domino. I find it pompous, bloated, and dull. Not to mention lyrically trite. And horribly dated. And long. So very long.

I'd rather hear three "hits" in a row than Domino, and that's sayin' something.

Please, you've played Domino at every show since you released it. For the love of God, give Domino a pass this time!

How can a song about nuclear war be pompous? and it certainly is not dull
lyrically trite--again if you consider nuclear war trite, so be it. Dated? With countries like Iran and Pakistan having nuclear capabilities, and the possibility of the whole Middle East thus going down like DOMINOES. I don't think so........

Long? I guess if you thought the other 5 applied. So one out of 6 ain't bad.......

Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:17 am

dcappe wrote:

Hard pressed to find a common thread amongst those songs. They did an album called I Can't Write?

the sound of wooshing jets overhead is called a flyby in progress........

Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:21 am

I think it's quite easy to measure how many cheers a song gets at a concert - it's been done countless times on live tv. I believe they do it by measuring the volume (of course. some people naturally make more noise than others - the old Genesis forum was plagued by empty cans that did their fair share of unmusical rattling) but you won't need any fancy equipment at the gigs to gauge the response to In The Cage and Invisible Touch. The latter will get a bigger response simply because of its popularity and familiarity to the crowd - this is a show for the masses, you understand; if you want to hear mass adulation for In The Cage, probably better that you go and see one of those tribute bands that only play the old stuff, that's where all the old fans go.
Oh, and I do know what this thread is about, but we do allow responses and tangents.

wow, just stumbled across this and I can't stop laughing. How wrong did this prediction turn out to be? Went to 4 shows and at all FOUR, without exception, the Cage medley got a much bigger audience response than IT. In fact, I heard audible gasps of delight from people around me who didn't know the setlist when Cage was played. IT, on the other hand, was really a letdown almost from the high point of Los Endos---everything after was almost anticlimactic. There is no doubt in my experience that the "old songs" got the biggest response, and for many, the Cage medley was the highlight of the show. Its too bad some 'fans' are so hostile to some eras of the band......

Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:38 am

I like the Mker comment of Can Utiltiy over and over! "The scattered pages of a book by the sea" Brilliant.

Thu Nov 22, 2007 5:59 am

I like the Mker comment of Can Utiltiy over and over! "The scattered pages of a book by the sea" Brilliant.

Pardon? :?

:wink:

Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:11 pm
Reply to topic   [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next