View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Nov 29, 2020 5:12 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Port forwarding etc 

Post Port forwarding etc
I am officially confused.
I have used uTorrent for a while now with no issues whatsoever until now.
I have a BT Homehub and i have followed all the help articles but i still get that red NO next to connectable but when i use the 'test port forwarding' it says i am connected. My download speed is extremely slow.
I have tried firewalls and permissions and nothing seems to work.
Has anyone got any useful advice because it would be gratefully received?!

Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:41 pm
Site Admin

Post Re: Port forwarding etc
Looking at the torrents that you have running it seems that you are connectable which is good. If you're seeing Not Connectable on the front page, it could be because the site still seeing some of your 'old' connections that can be left if you've rebooted your machine without closing your torrent client cleanly. They will disappear after a few hours and you'll show as connectable again.

I can't really comment on individuals download speeds as that is not determined by the site, only the number of users seeding and the speed at which they're seeding (and you're ISP connection of course and whether you are being throttled).

Cheers
Simon

Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:58 pm
Profile WWW

Thanks Simon for your reply.
Tried again this morning and it worked perfectly.

Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:18 am

Well, I never got it, I use uTorrent and followed all the guides and changed my IP to static and all the drama, and still I never got other than not being connectable. Had a fine connection, however.

Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:05 pm

I'm confused also. Running Windows XP, uTorrent (3.2.1, build 28066, 32-bit), Norton Security Suite (5.2.2.3), desktop PC hard-wired through Comcast modem (Motorola SBV5220). I can download, but not upload. I've tried the static IP route & it didn't make a difference. If anyone can advise that would be greatly appreciated. I have a very respectable trade ratio on various torrent sites & would like it to remain so.

Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:58 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]