View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Nov 29, 2020 5:52 am



Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Version 4 of torrent software 
Author Message
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2005 12:04 pm
Posts: 532
Location: UK
Post Version 4 of torrent software
Hey there folks.

You may have noticed that I've installed a new version of the torrent software this evening. I've done some testing and it appears to work fine, but I'm sure you'll all tell me if you find otherwise ;-)

Cheers
Simon

_________________
Simon Funnell
Webmaster Genesis-Movement.org
http://www.genesis-movement.org | torrent.genesis-movement.org | forums.genesis-movement.org


Last edited by spfunnell on Sat Dec 17, 2005 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.



Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:41 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:25 pm
Posts: 24
Post 
Certainly looks good! Suppose your own logo will be back as well?


Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:50 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2005 12:04 pm
Posts: 532
Location: UK
Post 
Are people not seeing my logo? It should be there.

Incidentally, people may find their stats creeping up in real-time. Don't be alarmed unless they go mad!

Cheers
Simon

_________________
Simon Funnell
Webmaster Genesis-Movement.org
http://www.genesis-movement.org | torrent.genesis-movement.org | forums.genesis-movement.org


Wed Dec 14, 2005 10:12 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:25 pm
Posts: 24
Post 
yup, it's there now!

_________________
Peter
http://home.planet.nl/~halja


Wed Dec 14, 2005 10:40 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 10:11 pm
Posts: 31
Location: Manchester, England
Post 
Thanks for your effort Simon - the new software looks and 'feels' a lot better, cheers.


Thu Dec 15, 2005 9:47 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 1:52 pm
Posts: 37
Post 
Yes it sure looks good to me

Very slick looking in fact.

8)


Thu Dec 15, 2005 9:49 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:25 pm
Posts: 24
Post 
Hi Simon,

apart from being a very big improvement there's still one or two minor points for improvement to the lay-out - *beep* happens, you know ;-).

The link behind the torrenttrader.com logo, top-left of the page points to the movement torrents homepage, while the top-centre movement torrents logo points to the torrenttrader site.

There are still problems with text not wrapping in some table cells and so causing a lot of horizontal scrolling. A terrible example is the PG SoUp torrent. There might be more of those.

I had a strange effect on the comments on the EFDVDPG03 Christmas torrent. When I clicked the previous (1-19) comments button, all the lay-out was gone + all the torrent content (details, etc). http://torrent.genesis-movement.org/tor ... 185&page=1

Happens both in Firefox and I.E.

Sorry for spoiling your night... ;-)

Peter

_________________
Peter
http://home.planet.nl/~halja


Fri Dec 16, 2005 10:52 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2005 12:04 pm
Posts: 532
Location: UK
Post 
HandP wrote:
Hi Simon,

apart from being a very big improvement there's still one or two minor points for improvement to the lay-out - *beep* happens, you know ;-).

The link behind the torrenttrader.com logo, top-left of the page points to the movement torrents homepage, while the top-centre movement torrents logo points to the torrenttrader site.



I can fix that easily.

HandP wrote:
There are still problems with text not wrapping in some table cells and so causing a lot of horizontal scrolling. A terrible example is the PG SoUp torrent. There might be more of those.


That's one that's in the hands of the developers already I believe.

HandP wrote:
I had a strange effect on the comments on the EFDVDPG03 Christmas torrent. When I clicked the previous (1-19) comments button, all the lay-out was gone + all the torrent content (details, etc). http://torrent.genesis-movement.org/tor ... 185&page=1


That's cute :( I'll report that one to the developers. It'll take me hours to debug their code.

HandP wrote:
Happens both in Firefox and I.E.

Sorry for spoiling your night... ;-)

Peter


No probs.
Cheers
Simon

_________________
Simon Funnell
Webmaster Genesis-Movement.org
http://www.genesis-movement.org | torrent.genesis-movement.org | forums.genesis-movement.org


Sat Dec 17, 2005 10:37 am
Profile WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.