View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:24 pm

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Hope This Fits...(Drumming Along) 

Post Re: Hope This Fits...(Drumming Along)
Hello there...I just typed a huge reply and 'cos I took so long it logged me out!
Here's a brief version!
I don't own nor have heard ATTWT because all the reviews I've read lead me to believe it's not that good!...but I may have to have a re-think?? This and the last 4 genesis albums are the only ones I dion't own; while being a massive fan of the stuff I like I really find it hard to shell out for stuff I don't like such as IT and WCD (which I owned and then sold) mainly because I have huge musical tastes that are wide and need saiting with all kinds of stuff. Sadly my wallet ain't [i] THAT WIDE!
Los Endos has always been the pinnacle for me to play but after seeing them in 2007 I realised why. I used to play the right hand part (for me not Phil) as accented 8th's on the fast bit and after seeing them I realised it's more of a broken up 'da-dada,da-da-dada' pattern which makes it sooo much easier!
How good would it be to be chester/phil/bill for a gig though!? :fun:
[/i]

Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:54 am

ATTW3......good album. It's pretty much that transition period for the band I think and this album pretty much has some good songs and some bad ones (i.e Snowbound). I would recommend getting it, but if you don't like it, it will always come in handy as an extra coaster for the coffee table!

Los Endos....great song from a great album. I always liked the 76 version. They played it at the ORIGINAL tempo and kind of sped it up near the end. Mike's bass pedals....need I say? Orgasmic. Steve's guitar....legendary. Tony's keyboards....no words to describe that kind of work. Phil's drums.....A-FREAKIN-MAZING! This song has become one of my favorites to close with when practicing. I always loved the rolling snares near the end of the song getting louder as the seconds go by, then going into that classic "Dance on a Volcano" tom lick. Couldn't get any better than Los Endos. I have never encountered a better song than this.

Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:18 pm

Hey...Any of our drummers try "Burning Rope"? It's next on my " to conquer" list, and, I thought I'd seek some insights.

Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:25 am

I was thinking about trying it out. Maybe tackle it a little bit at a time. If I find anything interesting, I'll let you know!

Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:23 pm

That long drum fill around what sounds like 15 toms is a WHOPPER!

Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:52 pm

Revival time!

Ok, after going over some new songs over the weekend, I've been strangely attracted to the instrumental before the Firth of Fifth guitar solo, particularly the 2007 version from Rome. Now that I have deeper drum listening habits, I've been able to figure out the base drum, but am still have trouble with the coordination between the mounted/floor toms, snare and cymbals! Anyone have a good way to work this out?

Also, I've been listening to the 07 version of Second Home By The Sea also from Rome. Around the 58/59 minute mark in the DVD, Phil does this amazing lick between the mounted/floor toms and the base drum. I've tried to master this part of the song for a few months and can't get myself up to speed with Phil! It's like I'm a few measures behind! Is there any way to get this down?

Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:15 pm

I like to drum along to apocalypse in 9/8, cinema show, one for the vine and the instrumental middle section of Abacab.

I've got a lazy right leg and still can't play the de-de-dum-dum bass drum part in second home by the sea!

do you prefer to drum along to the studio versions or live versions? I usually play the live versions over the studio versions!

Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:40 am
Profile WWW

change your kit around and use the not so lazy left leg...works for PC :roll:

Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:42 pm
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2