View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:49 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Soundcheck recording of "Do The Neurotic" 

Post Soundcheck recording of "Do The Neurotic"
Hello everybody!

I still haven't given up .. there is a video out there that includes parts of the soundcheck to the gig on May 13th 1987, Estadio Vincente Calderon in Madrid, filmed by some spanish TV station; Alledgedly this or some version of it contains a partial or whole performance of "Do the Neurotic" I would love to have an audio copy of this. Any additional info on this recording is also appreciated.

Thx, andreas

Sat Dec 03, 2005 4:55 pm

I've got a feeling that the 'Neurotic' bit is not actually part of the TV broadcast at all, but an audience cam which may or not be on the same tape as someone's copy of the Spanish TV broadcast.

I've yet to see either though, and I'm also on the lookout!

James

Wed Dec 07, 2005 4:06 pm

True, it was not part of the TV special that aired w/interviews and the sound check. The DTN portion was filmed separately, by one of the road crew.

I do have this. The quality is perhaps slightly better than what is seen during the regular sound check and it is in B+W. I've never released it because I was asked not to.

And I'm sure most are aware of the Madrid concert footage, boy is that terrible!! Shot from waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back in the stadium. But, it still isn't as bad as the Dortmund '87 film, that is by far one of THE worst audience shots ever of the band, perhaps the worst.

MB

Wed Dec 07, 2005 4:50 pm

True, it was not part of the TV special that aired w/interviews and the sound check. The DTN portion was filmed separately, by one of the road crew.

I do have this. The quality is perhaps slightly better than what is seen during the regular sound check and it is in B+W. I've never released it because I was asked not to.

this sounds very interesting would love to see or hear it.

Fri Dec 23, 2005 5:47 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]