View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:50 am

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 TM's LYCEUM '80 

Post TM's LYCEUM '80
Saw that it was played on Meek's this weekend.
So, where's the torrent?

I'd love to have it to hear as a Christmas present.
I've been good, I swear!

Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:21 am

Post Re: TM's LYCEUM '80
Tom says he plans to release it in the week before Christmas, so I guess it's due any time now (I hope so - I usually go away for Christmas to a place with limited internet access, so I often miss the xmas torrents and have to suffer until I return home after the holidays! :cry: :wink: )

You can follow the progress of Tom's Lyceum project here:
http://meekscafe.ning.com/profiles/blog ... e=activity

Last edited by davidraphael on Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:37 pm
Profile WWW

CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS!!! :bounce:

Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:25 pm

Yeah, me too. I always wanted a TM treatment of this show, so I'm sure I'm going to love every minute of it. I think it's going to be a great Christmas present. The fact that I could contribute in some way makes it even nicer for me.

Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:30 pm
Profile WWW

Well, Christmas week is past the hump.
Wish it were up--going out of town tomorrow and really hoped to have it for the trip.
Ah, well.
Now I'll have to wait all the way to NEXT YEAR!

Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:48 am

I downloaded this recently from T.U.B.E.
http://theultimatebootlegexperience2.bl ... dfull.html

A couple of questions for the experts out there:
The DVD file is about 8gb, and will need a dual-layer disc. Do you also need a dual-layer disc writer? Never having tried, I don't know whether my drive is suitable.
Secondly, I've tried dragging the ISO file into the video player that comes with Nero, and there is sound on the menu pages, but when the video itself starts there is only picture and no sound. So I'm wondering whether this is just an issue with the Nero software, and whether if I burned a dual-layer disc (in the way described in the TM burning guide that comes with the download) the resultant DVD would have sound.

I suppose I'm really asking whether anyone else has downloaded this show and successfully burned a DVD from it.

Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:02 am

Yeah, I downloaded it, and being my first attempt at ever burning a DL disc, I expected a world of trouble ... but had none. :beer: I just plugged it in and used the burn image and everything worked perfectly. However, you'll need a DVD burner that's DL compatible, i.e. which is able to burn DL discs. Most never drivers would be able to do that, but if you have an older drive, that may be an issue. I guess if you have the specifications of your drive, you'll be able to look it up online and check.

Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:32 am

Hmm, so is this a video? I was thinking TM was just an audio guy, but I don't know him well. Decent video of this tour would be AWESOME! :)

Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:20 pm

What he did is he took the best quality video of the 6th and 7th, edited it together and synched up with he best quality audio (which was his own) of the 7th, to give an overall much greater experience than with the original audio.

Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:54 am

Tulyar wrote:
I downloaded this recently from T.U.B.E.
http://theultimatebootlegexperience2.bl ... dfull.html

I know this site and Dimeadozen, but I had never heard of TUBE before. How does TUBE compare to this site orto Dime?

And why does Tom not want his stuff uploaded to Dime? I always go here for Genesis stuff anyway, but I have a good impression of Dime overall.

When you download GEN800507TM from TUBE do you get the exact same package that you get from Torrent 4839 on the Movement torrent site?

Finally, could this show be easily burned onto two single-sided DVDs instead of a double-sided DVD, or would that require a significant conversio process?

Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:22 pm

I've never tried torrenting because I can't spare the time to get to grips with how it works! So a site like T.U.B.E. is fine for me because it is direct downloads.
babylon5 wrote:
When you download GEN800507TM from TUBE do you get the exact same package that you get from Torrent 4839 on the Movement torrent site?

I would also like to know the answer to that question!
From TUBE I got the following:
Four folders called Artwork, Burning Guides, CD Files and DVD Files.
Artwork contains fourteen amazing jpegs.
CD Files contains two large FLAC files and four CUE files.
DVD Files contains one 7.5gb ISO file... which is why it cannot be easily split into two single-layer DVDs

Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:31 pm

kaspergm wrote:
What he did is he took the best quality video of the 6th and 7th, edited it together and synched up with he best quality audio (which was his own) of the 7th, to give an overall much greater experience than with the original audio.

Awesome... guess I'll have to start downloading torrents again! :)

Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:36 pm

This is an awesome!

For those of you bless'd to have a MAC! simply use jDownloader to download all of the files you get from the text. You may have to wait around to enter CAPTCHA, but there you go. Join with the free Raw Expander--if you have that with jDownloader, jDownloader will do that for you.

You will have a file which will include a disk image: GEN800507TMDVD.ISO If you open that you can actually play that on your DVD player on your computer. Otherwise, after opening you will see the standard DVD AUDIO and VIDEO folder--the former always being empty.

Goeth thou to your disk burning program--I use Toast because I have it, but there are other programs. Simply burn the VIDEO folder to a Dual Layer + R disk. + is better quality, and I agree with the site owner who recommend Verbatim--you can get them cheap on Amazon. I have converted videos to DVDs . . . including . . . a certain Genesis concert that was never re-released on DVD . . . "cough" "cough" . . . and the quality is maintained.

"But I ain't GOTS a Dual Layer DVD burner!!11!"

You can get them for under $60 which is . . . I think . . . something like Elevntwelfty Eurothingies. Good investment for backing up your raw data.

--J.D.

Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:18 pm

For those who you who were smart and bought a PC instead of an overpriced mac, you'll be glad to know jdownloader is also available for the PC

;)

Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:24 pm
Profile WWW

Doctor X wrote:
You will have a file which will include a disk image: GEN800507TMDVD.ISO If you open that you can actually play that on your DVD player on your computer. Otherwise, after opening you will see the standard DVD AUDIO and VIDEO folder--the former always being empty.

I tried that with Nero and (as I mentioned earlier) found that although there was sound during the menus, the video itself was silent. I guess you didn't have that problem, Doctor X, or you would have probably mentioned it!

Incidentally - I've always found Verbatim discs to be poor - often freezing, and Maxell to be my favourite, so I was surprised by the endorsement for Verbatim.

Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:13 pm
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]