View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:07 am

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 want your opinions on various bootlegs 

Post Re: want your opinions on various bootlegs
Yeah, one thing is certain, those recordings were not taken from the 82 tour. For once, there are no multitrack recordings known to exist from 82 tour, and only dodgy quality soundboard recordings have been leaked. Furthermore, on the 82 tour, the setlist was considerably different, for instance Dance On A Volcano was played in medley with Behind The Lines and Follow You, Follow Me; while Los Endos was not played at all. So those dates (and I've seen many pressed bootlegs listed as recorded live in 82) are clearly wrong. Possibly the radioshow they took the material from aired in 82.

Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:28 pm

kaspergm wrote:
Yeah, one thing is certain, those recordings were not taken from the 82 tour. For once, there are no multitrack recordings known to exist from 82 tour, and only dodgy quality soundboard recordings have been leaked. Furthermore, on the 82 tour, the setlist was considerably different, for instance Dance On A Volcano was played in medley with Behind The Lines and Follow You, Follow Me; while Los Endos was not played at all. So those dates (and I've seen many pressed bootlegs listed as recorded live in 82) are clearly wrong. Possibly the radioshow they took the material from aired in 82.

Ah, yes... that could explain it. This stuff definitely sounds like TSL so that's where it probably came from. Guess DOAV/Los Endos must have come from a radio show... probably the whole thing did.

Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:41 pm

At the beginning of this I mentioned that I've never owned audio boots, and it occurs to me that it's not quite accurate. I did own a couple of cassette boots at the height of my collecting, and it would be cool to find more if anyone has some they'd like to trade away (or donate). ;) I think I had L.A. Forum '86 and possibly something from '83 or '84?

Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:22 pm
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2